Owners and Investors
If you own rental property, ask yourself these questions:
- Are you forced to keep up with the ever-changing fair housing laws and other legislation regarding tenancy, including lead-based paint and toxic mold policies?
- Are you concerned about the possibility of a tenant suing you…and winning?
- Do you have to deal with the collection of rents, late payments, and bounced checks?
- Do you dread confrontation with tenants, trying to convince them to take care of the property better or start paying their rent on time?
- Do you cross your fingers, hoping that you won’t have to deal with the move-out / advertising / move-in process that occurs between tenants?
- Do you struggle with the process of advertising and showing your vacant home, interviewing tenants, taking applications, and running credit and background checks?
- Do you sometimes feel that you spend all of your time collecting checks, paying vendors, and performing all of the accounting necessary on your rental?
- Do you feel like you may be loosing money on expensive handymen or unneeded repairs?
Here are some of the things we do for you:
- Provide professional photos of the house at no cost to the owner.
- Perform thorough screening of all applicants. We only select the prospects most guarenteed to respect your property and keep lease agreements.
- Keep on top of regional, state, and federal landlord/tenant law and legislative issues facing property owners and tenants.
- Create and maintain relationships with qualified vendors, including painters, roofers, electricians, plumbers, appliance repairmen, handymen, and more. We use only a select number of trusted handymen who have been with our company for over a decade.
- Provide appropriate rental applications and forms that, along with a consistent screening process, ensure the highest quality tenants while conforming to all applicable laws. We constantly check through and look for new ways to make our leases better, providing the most up-to-date protection for our owners.
- Provide a lease agreement that covers your property well, collect and account for rents, and confront tenants to enforce the terms of the lease.
- Perform complete accounting for your property, to ensure a maximum return on your investment and optimum tax benefit. We send out specialized end of the year statements, and are always available to answer all tax questions that our owners may have.
This sets us apart from other property management companies:
- Personalized, attentive service with thorough open communication.
- Expert knowledge of this industry, as well as local real estate market, backed by over 30 years experience.
- Experience dealing with all kinds of property and tenancy issues.
- Established relationships with local services providers of all types.
- Membership in HERO PM – which provides us with the most advanced technology tools to serve you.
- Online owner payments for any time you would like a major repair or improvement done on your home. Pay us for such improvements without ever leaving your home, and enjoy the peace of mind that quality work is getting done with a minimal effort from you.
Please read our Owners’ FAQ for answers to the questions that prospective clients often ask.